Kidtropolis Accessibility Information
Is Kidtropolis suitable for me/my children?
Kidtropolis is an indoor family event aimed at children 12 and under. You’ll see at least two live shows as part of your four and a half hour ticket and you’ll have access to all of the Kidtropolis entertainment included at no extra cost, (unless where specified) including fun, games, costume characters, meet and greets, enormous inflatables, toys, gaming and activities, subject to availability.
It will be a noisy event with music, laughter, shouting, and queuing.
Some activities will require participants to be able to get out of their wheelchairs (inflatables for example) and some vehicles may have an upper deck that won’t be accessible. Kidtropolis Ltd is working with the exhibitors to ensure that where possible all visitors can enjoy elements of each experience.
Please visit the WHAT’S ON page for details, including any age/height restrictions and more detail about each activity/experience.
How to apply for a free carer’s ticket
Please email accessibility@Kidtropolis.co.uk placing ‘Kidtropolis carer pass application’ in the email title. Please include a scanned attachment of one of the following:
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA); – High Rate Care
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP); Enhanced Care
- Attendance Allowance (AA);
- Deaf or Blind Persons Registration;
- A signed letter from a doctor or GP (GP/Doctor photo ID required) relating to the above 4 points
If your application has been successful, we will aim to contact you as soon as possible (normally within 48 hours) but no more than 7 days with a code that will offer you a £15.50 discount. Simply use this code as part of your normal booking process.
Discount Codes will be active until Sunday 15th October, midnight, after which they will not work.
Please note that Carer ticket applications close on Friday 13th October 2017 at midnight. Unfortunately we are unable to process applications after this time.
One carer ticket is permitted per suitable application and is open to people of all ages.
Please print off and bring your tickets to site for show access. Your contact information may remain on the database however your supporting documentation is kept secure during processing and deleted after processing. Please note that receipt of any other disability or age-related benefits, pass or permit which is not specified in the eligibility criteria cannot be accepted when applying for carer pass. Similarly temporary impairments such as broken bones and healing wounds do not qualify for a free carer pass. Kidtropolis will only contact applicants who have been successful for a free carer’s pass and Kidtropolis Ltd’s decision is final.
Booking wheelchair spaces for Live Shows at Kidtropolis
Kidtropolis live stages offer wheelchair spaces so you can sit with your family and enjoy the shows together.
Please visit the LIVE SHOWS Page for information on the line up.
To book a wheelchair space, once you have purchased your tickets and (if necessary and in advance) been approved for a complimentary carer’s pass, please email Accessibility@Kidtropolis.co.uk with your booking reference number and we’ll come back to you to confirm there will be a wheel chair space in the block (including VIP) you have already booked with your family. We will endeavour to keep the family group together in the same row but sometimes families may need to sit in the rows in front or behind.
Further information is available on our VISITING Page
Travelling by Train:
Please check out this useful Transport for London map.
Arrive at Prince Regent station on the DLR, which is ‘A’ rated by Transport For London meaning ‘These stations have the smallest step and gap and are suitable for most customers including wheelchair users’. There is also a lift up to the venue.
Travelling by Car:
Please go to Excel, Royal Victoria Dock, 1 Western Gateway, London (and useE16 1DR for your Sat Nav).
Don’t forget your blue badge. There are 158 bays suitable for disabled drivers on-site across the car park. These are wide bays with minimum dimensions of 3600 by 4800 mm. Access to the building from these bays is along walkways with a gradient of no more than 1:15.
ExCeL London – The Venue
- ExCeL London has worked with Changing Places to create an accessible changing facility which is located close to the east entrance near the Prince Regent DLR station. The room is locked but the key can be picked up nearby at the Level 1 east information desk.
- There are 40 toilets for disabled visitors located throughout the building. You’ll find them near the Business Centre, the break-out rooms, the conference suites on Level 3 and the restaurants and cafes on Level 0 and Level 2.
- All public entrances allow for access by wheel chair via low gradient ramps and an automatic door. Once inside the venue, all floors are level, offering unobstructed access.
- Lift control panels are located at a height which can be easily reached by someone in a wheelchair.
- There are Braille and tactile buttons.
- All lifts have a visual and voice indication of the floor reached and an intercom facility activated by an alarm button.
- Every area may be reached by lifts, with the exception of the second level of organisers’ offices.
- All stairs and ramps are fitted with handrails and balustrades.
- All public corridors and passageways have a minimum clear width of 1200mm.
- Self-service equipment such as cash point machines and telephones are located at levels suitable to wheelchair users.
- Strong tactile differences in paving are provided to indicate hazardous areas, e.g. dock edge indicated by cobble stone surface. Non-slip flooring has been used throughout the building.
- Door vision panels giving a zone of visibility between 900mm and 500mm above floor level are provided on all public access doors.
- All reception counters, bars and self-service counters and at least half the seating areas are accessible to wheelchair users.
- Pictographic signs and symbols have been used to guide people around the building.
- Guide Dogs – ExCeL welcomes all guide and assistance dogs. Guide dog and assistance dog owners have important rights under the Equality Act 2010 meaning assistance dogs are entitled to enter establishments where the general public are admitted. No other dogs or pets are permitted in the venue.
- Visitors with hearing and sight disabilities can find information about the event which they wish to visit by using the prominent visual displays that are situated inside the Central Boulevard.
- The Information desks are sited at either end of the Boulevard.
- Provision has been made for non-visual indication of stair locations for those with impaired vision.
- ExCeL London customer service staff have completed visual awareness training so that we can provide practical guidance to blind and visually impaired visitors.
- The Kidtropolis Ticket booths will have a local hearing loop to assist.
- On site venue medical staff are available throughout the full show period plus all Kidtropolis security staff are first aid trained too. The Venue’s satellite first aid room is positioned in the boulevard just to the right of shutter N10.
- Should you need to bring medication with you, we recommend bringing a doctor’s letter or a copy of your prescription. Cold storage if required for medication will be available on site, please speak with the team to contact the organisers office – Please ensure the medication is clearly labelled (name & contact information) and in a suitable container and please bring proof of the medication by form of a prescription or Doctor’s letter.
- Should you wish to plan some assistance ahead of your visit, please contact ExCeL London via email at: email@example.com or call our information line on +44 (0)20 7069 5000 indicating the level of assistance you require, and we will do our utmost to offer our support during your visit.
- Check out ExCeL London Website for lots more specific venue information.
If you need any assistance or questions answered please contact the venue in advance using the information above but also please do email accessibility@Kidtropolis.co.uk and we’ll do our very best to help.